Russell Wilson vs. Sam Howell in Week 2: Broncos vs. Commanders Preview, Stats
Which side has the edge at quarterback when Russell Wilson and the Denver Broncos (0-1) square off against Sam Howell and the Washington Commanders (1-0) at Empower Field at Mile High on September 17? For in-depth analysis on how we expect these two signal callers to fare in this matchup, read on.
Broncos vs. Commanders Game Info
- Game Date: Sunday, September 17, 2023
- Time: 4:25 PM ET
- Venue: Empower Field at Mile High
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- TV: CBS
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Want to rep Wilson this season? Head to Fanatics to find jerseys, shirts, and much more.
Russell Wilson vs. Sam Howell Matchup
|Russell Wilson||2022 Stats||Sam Howell|
|3,524 (234.9)||Passing Yards (Per Game)||169 (169)|
|277 (18.5)||Rushing Yards (Per game)||35 (35)|
Other Matchup Previews
- Click here for Tua Tagovailoa vs. Mac Jones in Week 2
- Click here for Matthew Stafford vs. Brock Purdy in Week 2
- Click here for Kenny Pickett vs. Deshaun Watson in Week 2
- Click here for Zach Wilson vs. Dak Prescott in Week 2
Commanders Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Commanders ranked seventh in the NFL with 20.2 points allowed per contest. Meanwhile, they ranked fourth in total yards allowed with 304.6 given up per game.
- When it came to stopping the pass, Washington's D was on top of its game, with 3,252 passing yards allowed last season (fourth-fewest in NFL).
- Against the run, the Commanders ranked 11th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed (1,926) and fifth in rushing touchdowns allowed (10).
- Defensively, Washington ranked first in the NFL in third-down percentage allowed at 31.9%. In red-zone efficiency allowed, it was eighth (51.9%).
Who comes out on top when the Broncos and the Commanders square off? Use our link to sign up at BetMGM for a first-time deposit bonus and place your bets today!
Broncos Defensive Stats
- Last year, the Broncos gave up 21.1 points per contest (14th in NFL) and 320 total yards per game (eighth).
- When it came to defending the pass, Denver gave up 3,574 passing yards last year, ranking 13th in the league. In terms of passing TDs allowed, it ranked fifth in the NFL with 20.
- Against the run, the Broncos ranked 10th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed with 1,866 (109.8 per game) and 11th in yards allowed per rush attempt (4.3).
- Defensively, Denver ranked second in the NFL in third-down efficiency allowed at 34.1%. In red-zone percentage allowed, it ranked seventh at 51.1%.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.