KGWN NewsChannel 5 is seeking an experienced meteorologist to join our award-winning news team at our studios in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
The successful candidate will have the drive and talent to be number one. You will work with the News Director and other meteorologists to set the direction of and provide feedback to the weather department, Southeast Wyoming's weather authority.
The ideal candidate must be able to produce and deliver a dynamic, compelling and understandable forecast for our newscasts and digital platforms. Accuracy is a must. You will cover severe weather with urgency, while also being reassuring.
Our meteorologists must have the ability to work in a multi-platform environment and will contribute daily to our digital platforms, including social media and kgwn.tv.
Responsibilities also include working directly with the news team to build out our coverage and make it meaningful and relatable to our viewers. Our meteorologists also report in the field. Strong leadership and teamwork is a must.
Our weather team is involved in the newsroom and the community. The person we hire must have a positive attitude and be an ambassador for the station by making personal appearances at community events.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Preparation of forecast maps for both broadcast and online
• Be available for on-call spot weather events
• Must be creative in presenting the daily weather story with an emphasis on accuracy and responsibility
• Anchor, go live in the field and fill in on other newscasts as needed
• Use social media platforms effectively, especially during severe weather
• Always present a professional image as a representative of KGWN
Certification and a meteorology degree are preferred.
Pre-employment and random drug testing are a condition of employment.
You must possess a valid driver’s license had have a good driving record.
To apply for this position, follow the link on the page above, or go to gray.tv