Two houses damaged after a structure fire

CASPER Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) Two houses are damaged, but there were no injuries reported after a structure fire early Monday morning.

Capt. Patrick McJunkin, Casper Fire-EMS public information officer, said one structure caught on fire and it spread to the one next to it.

He added it was an accident, but caused by smoking materials.

He recommends using a glass or metal container with a lid to put smoking materials in after use.

“It’s helpful to put water in the bottom of those containers and ensure that the cigarette or smoking material is completely extinguished in water,” McJunkin said.