Two dogs dead from apparent blue-green algae ingestion

Published: Aug. 19, 2019 at 5:15 PM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

Two dogs are dead after swimming in Leazenby Lake, about 10 mile south of Laramie on US HWY 287.

According to the Wyoming Department of Health, the dogs were suspected to ingest and die from cyanobacteria- commonly referred to as blue-green algae.

Both dogs were taken to Alpine Animal Hospital in Laramie.

The incidents happened two months apart, and both dogs died before treatment.

Currently, there is no test or diagnosis for ingestion of the bacteria.

The epidemic is sweeping the nation, killing many water-loving dogs and leaving families devastated.

If you suspect your dog has ingested cyanobacteria, take them to your Veterinarian immediately.