Red Cross of Wyoming responds to eight incidents in ten days
Red Cross of Wyoming volunteers had a very busy week, responding to eight incidents since January 26, assisting 23 adults and three children.
• January 26: Single Family Fire in Gillette; assisted three adults
• January 30: Single Family Fire in Ethete; assisted four adults
• January 31: Single Family Fire in Laramie; assisted one adult
• January 31: Transportation incident near Laramie; assisted four adults, plus provided evacuation center for 30-plus travelers
• January 31: Vandalized home; assisted two adults
• February 3: Single Family Fire in Pinedale; assisted three adults, one child
• February 4: Single Family Fire in Cheyenne; assisted four adults, two children
• February 4: Multi-Family Fire in Gillette; assisted two adults
All assistance is provided free of charge and is provided by donations from the public. Assistance can include financial help for lodging and other immediate needs, such as food, clothing and other items. Referrals are also provided for further assistance.
Red Cross reminds people to be careful when using fireplaces, wood stoves and space heaters. All homes should also have working smoke alarms, which can be obtained free from the American Red Cross.