Record number of students compete in State Agriscience Fair competition

Published: Mar. 7, 2019 at 5:33 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

According to the Wyoming FFA State Advisor, the Wyoming FFA Agriscience Fair is designed for students interested in scientific principles and emerging technologies in the agricultural industry. The Wyoming FFA Agriscience Fair provides middle and high school (7-12) students the opportunity to achieve local, state and possibly national recognition for their accomplishments in agriscience. This program also gives students a chance to demonstrate and display agriscience projects that are extensions of their agriscience courses.

Wyoming FFA members competed in the State Agriscience Fair competition in Laramie on Monday, March 4th. According to the Wyoming FFA Facebook page, "We had a record number of students register for the event this year! It's our fastest growing competition and one of the most rigorous and time intensive programs offered by FFA."

Agriscience Fair Categories

Students can compete in the national agriscience fair in one of six categories:

• Animal Systems

• Environmental Services/Natural Resource Systems

• Food Products and Processing Systems

• Plant Systems

• Power, Structural and Technical Systems

• Social Science

Agriscience Fair Divisions

Students can compete in the national agriscience fair as an individual or with a team:

• 1 – Individual member in grades 7 and 8

• 2 – Team of two members in grades 7 and 8

• 3 – Individual member in grades 9 and 10

• 4 – Team of two members in grades 9 and 10

• 5 – Individual member in grades 11 and 12

• 6 – Team of two members in grades 11 and 12

Wyoming FFA State Advisor, Stacy Broda says, "We had 83 projects entered this year, and 116 FFA members competing from 14 chapters across the state."

The interview judging was completed on Monday, March 4th, which accounts for 75% of the total score. Members must present about their project and answer questions from the judges. The other 25% of the score is judged from another set of judges on their research papers.

Winners will be announced prior to the FFA convention for the top 3 members in each category and division.

Latest News

Latest News