Home fire costs local family $200,000 in damage

By  | 

CHEYENNE, Wy.(KGWN)- Cheyenne Fire & Rescue responded to a structure fire in the 300 block of Bocage Drive at 4:36 p.m. Monday (April 10). Firefighters arrived to find a garage fully engulfed and the fire had spread to home that was attached to garage.

Sixteen firefighters responded to the fire. They remained on scene to check for extension and assist in the investigation. The estimated loss is nearly $200,000. Cheyenne Fire & Rescue reminds everyone working smoke alarms save lives.

The cause of the fire is accidental. No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross of Wyoming says they have provided the couple living at the home assistance for immediate needs. Further assistance will be provided as needed.