WYOMING, (RELEASE) - CHEYENNE
The City of Cheyenne has announced its sanitation schedule for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
The sanitation schedule is as follows:
• Tuesday, December 24 – Regular scheduled collection
• Wednesday, December 25 – No trash/recycle collection; bins emptied on Saturday, December 28
• Tuesday, December 31 – Regular scheduled collection
• Wednesday, January 1 – No trash/recycle collection; bins emptied on Saturday, January 4
Residents should have their bins placed outside no later than 6:30 a.m.
City offices, including the Solid Waste Transfer Station (220 N. College Dr.), Landfill (1416 Happy Jack Rd.), and the Compost Facility (3714 Windmill Rd.) will close at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 24th and all-day Wednesday, December 25th. Those same City offices will be closed on Tuesday, December 31st and Wednesday, January 1st, 2020 as these are all City holidays.
Following the holiday season, residents can take their natural Christmas tree to the City’s Compost Facility (3714 Windmill Rd.) at no charge.
Excluding upcoming closures due to the holidays, the facility is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. There will be a large roll off container outside the front gate for those who wish to drop their natural trees off after business hours. Please remove all decorations from the tree.
For more information, call the Sanitation Division at 637-6440.
The City of Casper will not collect garbage on Christmas or New Year’s Days. Trash collection on both weeks will be as follows:
• Monday trash collected as usual
• Tuesday trash collected as usual
• Wednesday trash collected on Thursday
• Thursday trash collected on Friday
• Friday trash collected on Saturday
Residents should have their dumpsters placed on the street next to the sidewalk curb by 7:00 a.m.
The City of Casper Regional Solid Waste Facility (a.k.a. Balefill) will be closed on Christmas and New Year’s Days. The facility will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve (Tuesday). The facility is closed on Sundays.
Information on holiday hours for trash collection and the Balefill is available at www.casperwy.gov. For questions or additional information, contact the Solid Waste Division at 307-235-8246.