CHEYENNE, Wyo. (RELEASE) - The Wyoming Department of Education (WDE) is pleased to announce the recipients of the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Center (21st CCLC) Cohort 13 grants.
With $2.05 million in funding available, the WDE awarded a grant to each of the following school districts and community-based organizations across the state:
• ASK Program-Cheyenne – $225,000
• Big Horn County School District #4 – $98,386
• Carbon County Boys and Girls Club – $119,398
• Converse County School District #1 – $225,000
• Fremont County School District #1 – $146,668
• Greater WY Big Brothers Big Sisters – $217,549
• Hot Springs County School District #1 – $220,149
• PRACTICE Afterschool Program-Torrington – $152,983
• Teton Literacy Center-Jackson – $213,311
• Uinta BOCES #1 Education Center – $215,000
• Youth Emergency Services, Inc Gillette – $225,000
The 21st CCLC program is authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Every Student Succeeds Act. Recipients of 21st CCLC grants must serve students and families from low-performing, high needs schools with before/after school programs as well as summer learning programs. The grants are awarded for up to five years, with continued funding dependent on performance and federal funding allocations. For more information about the individual programs, contact the recipients.