Yellowstone National Park winter weather advisory
Expected snow may close Sylvan Pass and other roads
Published: Sep. 22, 2023 at 3:51 PM CDT
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (PRESS RELEASE) -Stay informed about road status and weather conditions
- Visitors to Yellowstone National Park should be aware that winter weather is expected in the park this evening, especially on high elevation passes.
- Weather can change quickly this time of year in the mountains.
- The weather forecast for Friday evening, Sept. 22 predicts 90% precipitation with possible 5-9 inches of snow accumulation on Sylvan Pass, located on the East Entrance Road.
- If road conditions deteriorate due to the predicted winter weather, staff will close the East Entrance Road to Sylvan Pass and other roads as appropriate.
- If needed, staff will evaluate conditions the morning of Saturday, Sept. 23 and will reopen the road (if it closes) when conditions allow.
- For up-to-date information about park roads:
- Visit Park Roads.
- Call (307) 344-2117 for recorded information.
- Sign up to receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone by texting 82190 to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions).
- Check road conditions outside of Yellowstone in Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and Grand Teton National Park.
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.