AARP Wyoming Hosts Shred Event In Cheyenne
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) -AARP Wyoming is hosting its second Cheyenne shred event in 2023 from 9 a.m. - noon on Sept. 30 at the Veterans Commission Parking Lot at 5800 Central Avenue.
Drive-ups are welcome, but pre-registration will expedite entry for everyone by clicking here. Please register by clicking the link above or calling 877-926-8300 to register.
This event is free and we’ll also be collecting optional non-perishable food items or cash donations to feed hungry veterans. The cash donations to the Wyoming Veterans Commission will be matched by an anonymous donor.
Stay one step ahead of identity thieves by shredding personal and financial documents. Bring up to two large boxes of paper for shredding. Shred fests are drive-through contactless shredding events.
To avoid having your sensitive information compromised, security experts recommend shredding of the following types of materials:
- Old Documents: Papers that carry your Social Security number, birth date, signature, account numbers, passwords or PINs.
- Banking: Canceled or unused checks. Shred deposit slips and ATM and credit card receipts, once you receive your monthly statements.
- Credit Cards: Pre-approved credit card applications and incentive/gift checks from credit card companies.
- Medical: Unneeded medical bills.
- Investments: Investment account statements.
- Obsolete ID Cards: Expired driver’s licenses, medical insurance cards, and passports.
ShredFests are one component of AARP’s commitment to fighting fraud. The AARP Fraud Watch Network launched in 2013 as a free resource for people of all ages. Consumers may sign up for “Watchdog Alert” emails that deliver information about scams, or call a free helpline at 877-908-3360 to speak with volunteers trained in fraud counseling. The Fraud Watch Network website provides information about fraud and scams, prevention tips from experts, and an interactive scam-tracking map.
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.