Board of Public Utilities reminds residents of the Annual Watering Schedule
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) - The City of Cheyenne Board of Public Utilities (BOPU) would like to remind residents of the changes to the annual watering schedule listed below:
▪ The watering schedule will be in effect year-round.
▪ From April 1 to November 30 watering lawns, trees, and gardens between 10 AM to 6 PM is prohibited.
▪ Customers may water lawns up to three days per week, April 1 to November 30.
▪ From December 1 to March 31 watering lawns is prohibited.
▪ Customers may water trees and gardens as needed in accordance with the new schedule.
▪ Wasting water, such as watering during high winds, rainstorms, and/or allowing water to run down the street is prohibited.
▪ To establish new sod or seed, customers must obtain a new lawn permit, either in person or online. Visit https://www.cheyennebopu.org/Cheyennes-Water/Water-Conservation/NewLawn-Permit for the free permit.
▪ Water schedule waivers may be available upon approval.
The decision to make minor changes to the City’s watering schedule was done so in an effort to promote efficient water use while preparing residents for potential water shortages due to a Colorado River curtailment. These changes also align with the City Council’s 2023 goal to achieve a low-water landscape in Cheyenne. The BOPU will continue to evaluate water resources and make appropriate adjustments as needed.
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.