MEALS ON WHEELS OF CHEYENNE TO HOLD EVENTS IN CELEBRATION OF 2023 MARCH FOR MEALS
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) - Press Release:
Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne will be hosting a wide array of Community Champions throughout the month of March in celebration of the 53rd year of the organization serving the community. This event also helps honor the 21st Annual March for Meals – a month-long, nationwide celebration of Meal on Wheels and our senior neighbors who rely on this essential service to remain healthy and independent at home, now even more so amid high inflation. To help raise awareness, a proclamation signing will take place on March 6th, with Mayor Collins. To help raise funding for Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne to continue to deliver MORE than a meal throughout Laramie County, please join us on March 18th, 2023 for the Laramie County Ice Bowl.
The mission of Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne, Inc. is to support the independence, health and well-being of individuals living in Cheyenne and Laramie County with an expressed need for nutritional support through the delivery of nutritious meals, friendly visits and safety checks.
The annual March for Meals commemorates Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne’s anniversary of inception in delivering MORE than a meal to Laramie County residents in 1970. It is also the historic day in March 1972 when President Nixon signed into law a measure that amended the Older Americans Act of 1965 and established a national nutrition program for seniors 60 years and older. This March, Meals on Wheels programs from across the country are joining forces to celebrate more than 50 years of success and garner the support needed to ensure these critical programs can continue to address food insecurity and malnutrition, combat social isolation, enable independence, and improve health for years to come.
Mayor Collins will be signing a Proclamation on March 6th, 2023 at 3:30 pm declaring:
MARCH 2023 AS THE
21st ANNUAL MARCH FOR MEALS MONTH.
(Media, please email to attend, seating is limited.)
Community Champions will be visiting and helping in the kitchen the following dates & times:
· March 8th Ken Esquibel & Scott Roybal, Cheyenne City Council Members
· March 9th Martha Wilson, Field Representative for Senator Lummis Office
· March 10th United Way Board of Directors & Staff
· March 17th United Way Board of Directors & Staff
· March 16th Landyn & Alexis Medina, Connections Cheyenne
· March 20th Governor and First Lady Mark & Jennie Gordon
Meals on Wheels will be holding a fundraiser called the Laramie County Ice Bowl on March 18th, 2023
This is a one round, one day PDGA sanctioned disc golf tournament at Cheyenne’s newest course, Clear Creek Park off of Southwest Dr. in Cheyenne.
· Proclamation, must email for address
· Community Champions, 2015 S. Greeley Hwy Cheyenne, WY 82007
· Laramie County Ice Bowl – Clear Creek Park, Cheyenne WY
· Virtually, Community Champions Videos uploaded across social media platforms all month (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube)
· Proclamation, March 6th, 2023 at 3:30 pm
· Community Champions, throughout the month of March between 8:30 am – 11:00 am
· Laramie County Ice Bowl, March 18th, 2023 10:15 am to 11:30 check in, tee time 12:00 pm
Copyright 2023 KGWN. All rights reserved.