Cheyenne Economic Indicators for March 2022
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Release) - The March 2022 issue of the Cheyenne Economic Indicators report is available at the State of Wyoming’s Economic Analysis Division website http://eadiv.state.wy.us/. Within the Cheyenne Economic Indicators report is the Cheyenne Economic Health Index (ChEHI), a coincident economic indicator that is designed to provide a current assessment of Laramie County’s economy.
Highlights from this month’s issue include:
(1) The Cheyenne Economic Health Index reported an index value of 107.8 in January 2022, higher than the January 2021 value of 105.7 and the January 2020 value of 106.7.
(2) The unemployment rate for Laramie County in January 2022 was 3.7%, lower than the January 2021 unemployment rate and the state-wide January 2022 unemployment rate.
(3) Total nonfarm payroll jobs numbered 48,000 in January 2022, higher than the total a year ago by 1,900 or 4.1%.
(4) Laramie County’s collection of the 4% sales and use tax through January 2022 was up 14.9% compared to the 5-year (2017-2021) average over this same time period.
(5) Housing prices continue to rise, with the median home sales price in Laramie County in January 2022 up 10.8% relative to January 2021. This is the 41st month in a row that median home prices have recorded year-over-year increases.
See the link below for details.
Copyright 2022 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.