Wyoming State Museum talks about October events in Wyo Wednesday interview
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) - Melisa McChesney joined Wyoming News Now to talk about October activities at the Wyoming State Museum. Each month the museum holds Family Day, but October will feature a few additional activities, too.
Below you’ll find more information from the museum.
Family Day: Creepy Crawly Critters - Oct 2, 10 am - 2 pm
- Family day focused on bugs, bats, cats, alligators, and more!
Indigenous Peoples’ Day Artist Showcase - Oct 9, 10 am - 3 pm
- Visit the museum between 10 am and 3 pm to meet two contemporary Native artists, witness their methods, and learn about their artistic processes.
- DaleRae Green creates intricate beadwork that celebrates her heritage and reconnects the past, present, and future with a more contemporary style and use of colors.
- Rose Pecos-SunRhodes is an award-winning Jemez Pueblo artist working in the medium of clay. Her traditional hand-processed clay & methods are expressed with a contemporary flair.
Halloween at the Museum - Oct 31, 12 pm - 4 pm
- Will happen outside during the day this year!
- Kids can come to participate in a themed scavenger hunt with costumed characters on the Museum grounds, then collect a prize bag of candy!
Copyright 2021 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.