Man arrested for arson in downtown Cheyenne
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (PRESS RELEASE) - — On Wednesday, July 28 the Cheyenne Police Department assisted Cheyenne Fire Rescue in responding to a series of dumpster fires in the Downtown area, one of which also ignited the garage of a near-by residential complex.
There were six dumpsters set on fire between 6:00 a.m. and 8:45 a.m. at the following locations:
• 2400 block of Pioneer Avenue
• 500 block of West 24th Street
• 300 block of East Lincolnway
• 100 block of West 21st Street
• 500 block of West 19th Street
• 18th Street and Pioneer Avenue
The suspect, later identified as Christopher Johnson, 26, transient was arrested and booked into the Laramie County jail on one count of 1st Degree Arson as well as five counts of 4th Degree Arson.
Copyright 2021 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.