WyoGives Virtual Day of Giving is going all day Wednesday
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (PRESS RELEASE) - Laramie County nonprofits are joining forces for the second annual WyoGives, a 24-hour online day of giving taking place on July 14, 2021.
Together, these local organizations will highlight the tremendous work being done in the Cheyenne community, their causes ranging from education to food insecurity to mental health (and so much more!). Impactful change happens when nonprofits unite, and this year WyoGives will be all about celebrating these incredible organizations and their commitment to positive change.
Leading up to the event, the following nonprofits will work together to spread the news about WyoGives, highlight each other’s organizations, and show that Hope Lives When WyoGives:
- American Red Cross of Wyoming
- BEAST Foundation
- Bethel Outreach Ministries
- Black Dog Animal Rescue
- Boys & Girls Club of Cheyenne
- Buffalo Youth Nation Project
- CASA of Laramie County
- Charles Schwab
- Cheyenne Animal Shelter
- Cheyenne Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Cheyenne Capitol Chorale
- Cheyenne Civic Center Foundation
- Cheyenne Depot Museum
- Cheyenne Foster Closet
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
- Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Foundation
- Children’s Museum of Cheyenne
- Climb Wyoming
- Collaborative Connections, Inc.
- Community Action of Laramie County
- Day of Giving
- Equal Justice Wyoming Foundation
- Family Promise of Cheyenne
- Friends of the Cheyenne Botanic Gardens
- Girls on the Run Wyoming
- Grace for 2 Brothers Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity of Laramie County
- Health Medical Institute
- K9s 4 Mobility
- Laramie Connections Center
- Laramie County Community College Foundation
- Laramie County Library Foundation
- Legal Aid of Wyoming
- Lions of Wyoming Foundation
- Meals on Wheels of Cheyenne, Inc.
- My Front Door
- Needs Inc.
- Recover Wyoming
- Rooted in Cheyenne
- Safehouse Services
- The Arc of Laramie County
- Unaccompanied Students Initiative
- United Way of Laramie County
- Wyoming 2-1-1
- Wyoming Agricultural Leadership Council/Wyoming L.E.A.D.
- Wyoming Breast Cancer Initiative
- Wyoming Children’s Society
- Wyoming Citizen Review Panel
- Wyoming Coalition for the Homeless
- Wyoming Congressional Award Council
- Wyoming Hunger Initiative
- Wyoming Stock Growers Land Trust
Last year, WyoGives helped 33 Laramie County nonprofits raise tens of thousands of dollars in our community. Now, with over 50 Laramie County organizations planning to participate, nonprofit leaders expect an even bigger and more impactful response.
“Black Dog has been participating in online giving days for more than a decade, so we were blown away by the response to and generosity generated by last year’s WyoGives Day, despite it being a first-year event and the extra challenges created by the pandemic,” noted Britney Tennant, Executive Director of Black Dog Animal Rescue and Board Chair of the Wyoming Nonprofit Network.
“This year’s county-wide collaboration shows the best of the nonprofit sector and demonstrates the truth of the idea that we all do better when we can work together. I’m certain our community will rise to the occasion and accept this invitation to support so many great organizations doing the critical work of providing for the health, safety, vibrancy, and protection of our community,” Tennant said.
In addition, Laramie County nonprofits will also be hosting a Coffee, Cooler and Confectionary Crawl on Wednesday, July 14th to help kick off the 24-hour day of giving. In honor of this day, patrons and non-profit supporters can visit Dazbog North, Paramount Café, Beach Please, the Library Café, Hawthorne Tree, Cold Stone Creamery, Wyo Snow Co., Mary’s Mountain Cookies, Mort’s Bagels, the Railyard Coffee Haus and Eatery, Alf’s Pub, and 2 Doors Down to show their support, quench their thirst, and satisfy their sweet tooth! Nonprofit representatives will be stationed in each location to share about their organization and what WyoGives means to them. Plus, these generous local businesses have agreed to donate a portion of their proceeds directly to Laramie County nonprofits!
To support this community-wide effort or learn more about WyoGives, please visit www.wyogives.org or follow WyoGives on Facebook at facebook.com/WyoGives. Community members are encouraged to follow their favorite nonprofits on social media for more WyoGives updates and opportunities to get involved.
Copyright 2021 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.