Casper economic outlook report released
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Release) - The November 2020 issue of the Casper Economic Indicators report is available at the State of Wyoming’s Economic Analysis Division website http://eadiv.state.wy.us/. Within the Casper Economic Indicators report is the Casper Economic Health Index (CaEHI), a coincident economic indicator that is designed to provide a current assessment of Natrona County’s economy.
Highlights from this month’s issue include:
(1) The Casper Economic Health Index reported an index value of 97.7 in September 2020, higher than the historic low of 95.9 in July 2020, but significantly lower than value of 104.3 from September last year.
(2) The unemployment rate for Natrona County in September 2020 was 8.7%, decreasing for the fifth consecutive month, but still over two times higher than the unemployment rate a year ago.
(3) Total nonfarm payroll jobs numbered 36,200 in September, lower than the total a year ago by 3,400 or 8.6%.
(4) Natrona County’s collection of the 4% sales and use tax through the first nine months of 2020 (January-September) was up 1.0% compared to the 5-year average over this same time period.
(5) Housing prices continue to rise, with the median home sales price in Natrona County in September up 5.5% relative to September 2019. 21 of the last 25 months have recorded year-over-year increases in median home prices.
See the link below for details.
Copyright 2020 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.