Advertisement

A Fire west of Casper caused by grinding metal

Casper structure destroyed from fire
Casper structure destroyed from fire(Courtesy Mills Fire Department)
Published: Nov. 13, 2020 at 3:47 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CASPER, Wyo. (Wyoming News Now) - Natrona County fire officials confirm the cause of the fire west of town was caused by sparks from grinding metal. The building was a total loss, but there are no injuries.

Matt Gacke, the marshal for Natrona County Fire Protection, said officials blocked off the highway to keep crews and the public safe from exploding propane and fireworks inside the building.

He added there were a couple of wildland fires started from those incidents. As a way to prevent this incident from happening again, he suggests having a fire extinguisher on hand.

“The property owners did try and use a fire extinguisher on it, but it spread too fast before they could get the extinguishers on it efficiently,” Gacke said.

He added to also watch carefully where sparks are going when working with metal.

Copyright 2020 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.