City Provides Exemptions Listed in Public Health Order Mask Mandate
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (Release) - Effective Monday, November 2nd a mask mandate for Laramie County will be in effect and remain in effect through Monday, November 30th. A copy of the public health order can be found at the link above. A face covering will be needed to enter the Municipal Building (2101 O’Neil Ave.) and all other City buildings.
The public health order excludes a face covering at state and federal buildings. Additionally, the public health order includes the following exemptions when a face covering is not required:
- When a person is in a personal office (a single room) where others outside of that person’s household are not present as long as the public does not regularly visit the room, but that individual must put on a Face Covering when being visited by a client, customer, or a member of the public.
- The person is a minor. Minors are not required to wear a Face Covering. However, minors three years old and older are encouraged to wear Face Coverings. Minors age two years or younger should not wear a Face Covering.
- When a person is seated at a table of a restaurant or other food service venue, the person is separated by at least six (6) feet from other patrons at other tables, and no more than eight (8) people in total are seated at a table. If more than eight (8) individuals are seated at a table, but all individuals are members of the same household, this exception applies. This exception also applies if a person is seated at a booth. However, individuals shall wear a mask while entering, exiting, or otherwise moving about the establishment.
- When a person is inside or obtaining services at a location, engaged primarily in providing congregate care, residential health care, or shelter, and the individual is engaged in activities not conducive to wearing a Face Covering. such as eating or drinking, or the individual is in an area of that facility that is not designed for community gathering, such as a sleeping area.
- If a person has a medical condition, mental health condition, or disability that prevents him or her from wearing a Face Covering. This includes, by way of example, but is not limited to, persons with a medical condition for whom wearing a face covering could obstruct breathing or who are unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove a Face Covering without assistance. A person is not required to provide any documentation or explanation demonstrating that the person cannot wear a Face Covering for any medical condition, mental health condition, or disability.
- Individual who are hearing impaired, or communicating with an individual who is hearing impaired, where the ability to see the mouth is essential for communication.
- Individuals for whom wearing a face covering would create a risk to the individual related to their work, as determined by local, state, or federal workplace safety guidelines.
- Individuals who are obtaining a service involving the nose or face for which temporary removal of the face covering is necessary to perform the service.
- Individuals who are purchasing a product or receiving a service that requires identification may briefly remove face covering as necessary, sot that the retailer or service provider can verify identity.
- When actively exercising in a gym in accordance with Statewide Health Orders, as amended.
Copyright 2020 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.