Laramie County School District 1 Youth Feeding Program won’t distribute meals on July 22
CHEYENNE, Wyo. (PRESS RELEASE) - Laramie County School District 1′s youth feeding program will not be distributing meals on Wednesday, July 22 due to the Cheyenne Air Show.
On Tuesday, July 21 Nutrition Services will distribute two breakfast/lunch combination bags.
People may pick up food bags Monday-Friday at a variety of sites, which have been approved by the Wyoming Department of Education and the USDA.
Food bag pick up will be held from 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. through Aug. 14 at the following locations.
1. Afflerbach – parent pick up lane on the south side of the school
2. Alta Vista – northeast parking lot at 17th Street and Logan Avenue
3. Arp – parent pick up lane on the west side of the school
4. Baggs – bus lane on the west side of the school
5. Cole – south of the school in corner of O’Neil Avenue and Eighth Avenue
6. Goins – parent pick up lane east of school
7. Hebard – east of school on Pebrican Avenue
8. Rossman – parent pick up lane on the east side of the school
9. Sunrise – parent pick up lane on the west side of the school
10. Anderson – end of the parent pickup lane on the south side of the school
11. McCormick – bus lane on the east side of the school on Education Drive
12. Pioneer Park – south of the school in the cul-de-sac at the end of Talbot Court
13. Dildine – northwest side of school on Polk Avenue
14. Henderson – northeast side of school on Kelley Drive
Food bag pick up will be held from 11:30 a.m.-noon at the following locations.
1. Fairview – north of school on 10th Street
2. Johnson – bus lane on the southwest side of the school
Food bag pick up will be held from 12:15 p.m.–12:45 p.m. at the following locations.
1. Lebhart – northeast of school on Hanson Street
2. South – east parking lot
Any youth, 18 years of age or younger, are eligible for food bags at any location. Pick up is being done using a walk-up or drive-through process. Students need not be present for parents/guardians to pick up the bags.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
*This story has been updated with a correction from LCSD1. The original press release released by the district included the line “The program will continue to provide meals Monday through Friday until the end of July.” The district has informed Wyoming News Now that it has extended its program through Aug. 14th.
Copyright 2020 Wyoming News Now. All rights reserved.